Find out more about IPF from our
International Personal Finance Completes Inaugural Global Volunteering Initiative
International Personal Finance plc (IPF) is pleased to announce that it has successfully concluded its first global volunteering month initiative. Our mission was to bring together colleagues across eight markets to support the local communities in which we operate.
More than 2,000 IPF employees and agents volunteered on a range of projects: from renovating child-care facilities for disadvantaged families, to fitting new furniture and equipment in under-resourced schools, to organising recreational activities for disabled children and fundraising. Together we logged over 6,500 volunteering hours – roughly equivalent to three and a half years of working time.
Many of our projects focused on supporting and helping young people:
- In Poland, we worked in partnership with the Zaczytani Foundation to collect over 4,000 books to set up hospital libraries, and offered reading or ‘fairy-tale’ therapy to make young patients’ stays more pleasant and promote reading.
- In the Czech Republic, our volunteers held a series of events in support of 11 different institutions providing social or educational services to disadvantaged children.
- In Hungary, as part of the Provident Guardian Angels scheme, our volunteers helped renovate schools and care facilities and collected 1,000 kg of clothing donations.
- In Mexico, 480 colleagues volunteered to provide financial education workshops in local schools and delivered recreational activities for vulnerable and chronically ill children.
Our impact was far reaching beyond the youth sector:
- In Australia we took part in “Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea” to raise money for the Cancer Council.
- In Spain, employees wore pedometers to take part in a digital walkathon – every kilometre walked, run or cycled translated to a Euro donated by the business to humanitarian organisation, Caritas Spain, raising over €2,500.
Gerard Ryan, Chief Executive Officer said: “This is a fantastic group effort and demonstrates the commitment and community spirit of our colleagues across our markets. I am proud of our teams for getting out into their local communities and making a real difference. A big thank you to all our volunteers.”
Investor relations and media contacts:
International Personal Finance
Rachel Moran - Investor Relations +44 (0)7760 167637 / +44 (0)113 285 6798
Laura Ewart +44 20 3727 1160 / +44 7711 387 085
Antonia Powell +44 20 3727 1485 / +44 7970 662 429